[Go-essp-tech] GO-ESSP-TECH Digest, Vol 29, Issue 56

Karl Taylor taylor13 at llnl.gov
Tue Jul 26 17:01:00 MDT 2011

Dear Mark,

I'm not sure my last email was very clear:

1.  Your model name, as it appears in filenames and directory names, is
now and should in the future be:  CSIRO-Mk3-6-0  .

2.  Currently you pass CMOR model_id="CSIRO-Mk3-6-0", and this gets
stored as a global attribute and is used to construct the filenames and
directory names.

3.  If you pass CMOR model_id="CSIRO-Mk3.6.0", this will get stored as a
global attribute and CMOR will modify it to confirm with the CMIP5
specs. (converting hyphens to periods) so that your filenames and
directories will continue to include the string "CSIRO-Mk3-6-0".

4.  The unadulterated model_id is what we're telling folks to use in
publications, so you would prefer to pass CMOR "CSIRO-Mk3.6.0", but what
I am asking the list is how would this affect ESG .

If this will cause problems, we'll stick with model_id as it currently
is, and we'll have to advertise your officially correct model name in
some other way.