[Go-essp-tech] Access to gateways' API

Eric Nienhouse ejn at ucar.edu
Thu Jul 21 12:11:01 MDT 2011

Hi Nebojsa,

Nebojsa Balic wrote:
>   Dear All,
> I am trying to access the APIs from (BADC and PCMDI) but to no avail. I
> learned that the BADC gateway is down - is it the same case with the
> PCMDI gateway. Is the endpoint to a gateway  http://<Gateway
> URL>/remote/hessian/guest/remoteMetadataService still valid?
Yes, this API is available from all ESG Gateways currently.  I just ran
a quick test to PCMDI and received an XML response.
> Is the
> description of the API given under URL
> https://wiki.ucar.edu/display/esgcet/Remote+Metadata+Query+API still
> valid?
Yes.
> Is it going to be changes? If yes, when?

This existing API will continue to be available in future Gateway
versions (1.3.1+).  Version 1.3.1 will also provide a REST based service
for accessing the dataset collection metadata.  Version 1.3.1 is the
next release and should be available within a month or so, pending
acceptance.  More details on this version follow:

Binaries for this release have been published at:
https://vets.development.ucar.edu/nexus/content/repositories/releases/sgf/gateway/1.3.1-RC1/

Installation and upgrade guides can be found here:
https://wiki.ucar.edu/display/esgcet/Gateway+Upgrade+Instructions+%28version+1.3.0+to+version+1.3.1-RC1%29

Details on the resolved issues can be found here:
https://vets.development.ucar.edu/jira/secure/IssueNavigator.jspa?reset=true&jqlQuery=project+%3D+GTWY+AND+fixVersion+%3D+%221.3.1-RC1%22+ORDER+BY+status+DESC%2C+priority+DESC&mode=hide

Hope this helps.  Please let me know if you have more questions.

Regards,

-Eric