[Go-essp-tech] spatial and temporal coverage in thredds catalogs

stephen.pascoe at stfc.ac.uk stephen.pascoe at stfc.ac.uk
Wed Jul 20 04:32:45 MDT 2011

I'm not sure whether this is a difference in esgcet or TDS.  Although the HTML view renders the aggregation as a folder at IPSL and a file at BADC they are both dataset elements in the THREDDS XML.  We don't have a geospatial coverage in your example but some do (http://vesg.ipsl.fr/thredds/esgcet/1/cmip5.output2.IPSL.IPSL-CM5A-LR.piControl.3hr.land.3hr.r1i1p1.v20110324.html)

My guess is that a newer version of TDS is rendering  the catalog differently and that some BADC data that was published early doesn't contain geospatial coverage.  However, I don't have time to investigate further at this time.  Can you see any other difference in the XML?

Cheers,
Stephen.

---
Stephen Pascoe  +44 (0)1235 445980
Centre of Environmental Data Archival
STFC Rutherford Appleton Laboratory, Harwell Oxford, Didcot OX11 0QX, UK