[Go-essp-tech] Update Nodes & Gateways Web Page

Estanislao Gonzalez gonzalez at dkrz.de
Thu Jul 14 03:27:28 MDT 2011

Hi Eric,

I've sent the script again to gateway-dev. We now have a contrib repo in
esgf for "miscellaneous" (And the applause goes to Gavin :-) Thank you
very much for this) where I added that file too (under estani/gateway).
The repo is in esgf.org/esgf-contrib.git

I think we should move towards a script that provides both
functionalities. Or, better yet, let the gateway store the configured
access for every data node that published data to it and use this to set
up the script (i.e. add the token to the urls from datanodes that have
no PKI in place). The gateway can collect this data "on demand", i.e.
when the data node redirect to one of the attribute service. This could
also be in the registry, but it will take longer to get there and it
currently makes no sense, since those data nodes won't be upgraded to a
node-manager version that provides such functionality. Of course the
"fall back" solution should be token based, as it is now.

It does sound "simple" enough to me, but I might have missed something...

Thanks,
Estani

>>> http://esgf.org/wiki/Cmip5Status/ArchiveView page is very useful.