[Go-essp-tech] CIM Quality Examples

Martina Stockhause stockhause at dkrz.de
Mon Jul 11 00:49:28 MDT 2011

  Hi, Sylvia,

thanks for the definition of terms. Yes, I talk of simulations.

We have QC data and CIM quality documents on
- datasets (every displayed entry in your screenshot)
- simulations

Not all datasets and not all latest versions of datasets belong to the
quality level assigned to the simulation. How is that made obvious to
the user? E.g, we assign QC L2 to a set of datasets and display that
information for the simulation. Then we find an error in QC L3 checks
and new data is delivered by the modeling center and published with QC
L1. Then the QC L2 of the simulation refers to old datasets but the
displayed output (latest dataset versions) would be QC L1.

We store the whole DRS syntax in the QCDB, based on the data directory
structure underneath the TDS.  In the examples:
cmip5.output1.IPSL.IPSL-CM5A-LR.amip4K,
cmip5.output1.IPSL.IPSL-CM5A-LR.amip4K.3hr.atmos.3hr.r1i1p1.v20110429
The keys, like "experiment", are not present in the directory structure
and therefore not in the QCDB. If there is need, we can provide that
using the DRS syntax definition. For our examples:
experiment=amip4K,model=IPSL-CM5A-LR. The present full DRS syntax is
more complete, though.
If the metafor people come up with a tag to carry this information, I
will use it. Until then I can only provide it as part of the "title" and
"evaluationMethodDescription".

Do we have to change our CIM quality documents?

Thanks a lot,
cheers,
Martina