[Go-essp-tech] Searching on forcings in the ESG Gateway

Sylvia Murphy Sylvia.Murphy at noaa.gov
Fri Jul 8 12:49:15 MDT 2011

Hi Gavin,
It was a pleasure meeting you at the CCSM workshop a few weeks ago and getting your feedback on the model metadata display within the ESG Gateway.  Cecelia and I have been thinking about your comment on being able to search on forcings and would like to bounce off the following with you to ensure we correctly understand your requirement.    To do so, I have attached two screen shots.   The first screen shot shows the current search interface and the "facets" on the left-hand side that allow the user to narrow a search.  The second screen shot shows the current inputs (initial conditions, boundary conditions etc) for a sample CMIP5 simulation.

Would your requirement be met if we added a facet to the search (see figure 1) called Input or Input Condition (let us know if you have a preference) and then listed all of the variables names you see in screen shot 2 as the options to select from in the search itself?

Thanks again for your feedback.  It is invaluable to us.

Cheers,
Sylvia

Sylvia Murphy
NESII/CIRES/NOAA Earth System Research Laboratory
325 Broadway, Boulder CO 80305
Email: sylvia.murphy at noaa.gov
Phone: 303-497-7753
Fax: 303-497-7649