[Go-essp-tech] CIM Quality Examples

Martina Stockhause stockhause at dkrz.de
Thu Jul 7 04:52:59 MDT 2011

  Hi, Sylvia,

we offer two preliminary CIM Quality examples to give you a first
impression of the quality documents to be harvested by the gateways:

http://anticyclone.dkrz.de:8088/geonetwork/srv/en/atom.latestCIM
internal_ids=1896,1897

A few explanations where to find the core information:

- Quality information will be provided on ESG dataset / publication unit
level and experiment level. The example with internal_id=1897 is a
dataset and the internal_id=1896 is the related experiment.

- pass/fail information: "pass" with pass=0 (failed) pass=1 (passed).
The examples haven't completed QC L2 and therefore are pass=0.
Interesting are more the pass=1 documents. Therefore I suggest to
publish them by AtomFeed only for QC status changes and therefore a pass=1.

- QC Level: "nameOfMeasure" or "measureIdentification/code" (string
includes "2" or "3"). These are examples for QC L2.

- DRS_ID: I did not find an exclusive tag for that, therefore it is part
of "evaluationMethodDescription", e.g.
dataset_id=cmip5.output1.IPSL.IPSL-CM5A-LR.amip4K.3hr.atmos.3hr.r1i1p1.v20110429
or part of the "title". I would not suggest to use the "title". We keep
the version because for QC L3 it is important to assign only a specific
version of a dataset the QC level 3.

Status and expected changes:
- Hans and I were handed over Bryan's QC tool for CIM quality document
creation. We still need a bit of development and discussion about the
application with Bryan, before we can use it. Therefore the CIM document
might change (CIM schema v1.5 should be stable, but semantics might change).
- The field for the DRS_ID might change. "measureIdentification/code"
and "pass" will remain. We can give you distinct
"measureIdentification/code" values for QC L2 and QC L3 when we are ready.
- Address of AtomFeed might change.
- Schema location for validation will be added, document_id etc. with
the use of Bryan's QC tool.

If you need more information or have suggestions for changes, please let
us know.

Best wishes,
Martina and Hans