[Go-essp-tech] Terms of Use Agreement

Michael Lautenschlager lautenschlager at dkrz.de
Wed Jan 19 02:28:45 MST 2011

Dear Dean,

thank you for streamlining the terms of reference. Also the revised
version of data access - citation looks fine.

But I am still missing a hint on quality control in the course of data
acceptance. In response to yesterday's telco Martina wrote a summary on
QC and information entry points. My suggestion is till to add a
paragraph on QC in the "How will CMIP5 Model Output be Archived and
Served" in the "Submitting Data" section of the CMIP5 web-pages. We may
use the entry points to Martina's information pages for further
information. I think this information is important because the DOI
approach is used in the citation information and this extensive theree
level CMIP5 QC  process is new to the community. In addition to
Martina's pages we already have the QC and DOI papers from late summer
last year.

We will be happy to help on this point and I am sure Martina can provide
some text on this.

Best wishes, Michael

---------------
Dr. Michael Lautenschlager

German Climate Computing Centre (DKRZ)
World Data Center Climate (WDCC)
ADDRESS: Bundesstrasse 45a, D-20146 Hamburg, Germany
PHONE:   +4940-460094-118
E-Mail:  lautenschlager at dkrz.de

         http://www.wdc-climate.de/

Geschäftsführer: Prof. Dr. Thomas Ludwig
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Hamburg
Amtsgericht Hamburg HRB 39784