[Go-essp-tech] GridFTP Documentation Re-organization

Neill Miller neillm at mcs.anl.gov
Fri Jan 7 14:39:11 MST 2011

Hello,

Rachana and I have cleaned up the GridFTP documentation and placed all of it on the ESGF Wiki.  We have added pointers to the new documentation from the previous GridFTP docs located on the University of Chicago (CI) Wiki (and removed their content) to help avoid clutter and confusion.

You will notice that the information is still largely the same, as this is just a re-organization with the hopes of making navigation easier for someone wishing to start an installation from scratch.

To view the re-organized documentation, please start at the Datanode Wiki page:

http://esgf.org/wiki/Cmip5DataNode

And then click the "GridFTP" link under Subpages.

I noticed that someone added a "Securing GridFTP" link under the Tutorials section.  That link should no longer be necessary after the above re-organization, but if there are suggestions or feedback on an alternate layout, please let me know.

thanks,
-Neill.