[Go-essp-tech] Federation Registry Discussion

Nathan Wilhelmi wilhelmi at ucar.edu
Sat Feb 26 11:03:49 MST 2011

Hi,

That is exactly what I am thinking, well I don't think we have had any
discussions internally where we saw the need for the role to be part of
the group. This has a few consequences on the UI in the gateway. Namely
the number of groups increases, but I believe this can be solved by
enhancing the user interface. We most likely move away from the simple
multi-select list boxes and replace it with some better group searching
and filtering capabilities to make it easy to select groups. This also
removes the string concatenation and parsing operations for working with
the current role-in-a-group model internally, so far this as worked but
it does make it simpler.

Thanks!

-Nate