[Go-essp-tech] Publishing dataset with option --update

Drach, Bob drach1 at llnl.gov
Wed Dec 21 18:41:35 MST 2011

Hi Sergey,

The way I would recommend adding new files to an existing dataset is as
follows:

- Unpublish the previous dataset from the gateway and thredds

% esgunpublish
cmip5.output1.NOAA-GFDL.GFDL-CM3.historical.mon.atmos.Amon.r1i1p1

- Add the new files to the existing mapfile for the dataset they are being
added to.

- Republish with the expanded mapfile:

% esgpublish --read-files --map newmap.txt --project cmip5 --thredds
--publish

The publisher will:
- not rescan existing files, only the new files
- create a new version to reflect the additional files

Alternatively you can create a mapfile with *only* the new files (Using
esgscan_directory), then republish using the --update command.

--Bob