[Go-essp-tech] Status of Gateway 2.0 (another use case)

Sébastien Denvil sebastien.denvil at ipsl.jussieu.fr
Wed Dec 14 14:07:03 MST 2011

  Hi Jennifer,

having the same use case we developed a tool to solve that and the fact
that the archive is extremely inhomogeneous. Quoting you:
"Right now, I am diligently downloading CMIP5 data, gathering runs for a
subset of experiments and variables, for all available models and
ensemble members."

It's a light weight client side application written in Python (actually
independent from any gateway). We plan to introduce a minimal loosely
coupling. As you rerun it the code will fill the gap of your collection.
It will preserve DRS structure, version information...

We will release a new version within a few days and will set up a new
web page. But if you want to give a try before then have a look here if
you are interested. We will answer to any question.
http://dods.ipsl.jussieu.fr/jripsl/synchro_data/README

This use-case is mandatory for the CMIP5 archive.

Regards.
Sébastien