[Go-essp-tech] Availability of ESGF git repositories

Cinquini, Luca (3880) Luca.Cinquini at jpl.nasa.gov
Fri Dec 9 06:26:42 MST 2011

ok, sorry about that... I'm sure Gavin can sort this out. With the difference in time zones, you might need to wait till tomorrow...
Have a great week end,
Luca

On Dec 9, 2011, at 6:18 AM, <stephen.pascoe at stfc.ac.uk<mailto:stephen.pascoe at stfc.ac.uk>> wrote:

Hi Luca,

The "git@" urls use the ssh protocol and are only open to those with write permissions on the repositories.  Read access was available through the git protocol which isn't working for me and was at the beginning of October:

$ cd git/esg-search/
(venv)spascoe at graupel:~/git/esg-search$ git pull
(venv)spascoe at graupel:~/git/esg-search$ git remote -v
origin    git://esgf.org/esg-search.git (fetch)
origin    git://esgf.org/esg-search.git (push)
(venv)spascoe at graupel:~/git/esg-search$ cd ..
(venv)spascoe at graupel:~/git$ git clone git at esg-repo.llnl.gov:esg-search.git foogit
Cloning into foogit...
ERROR:gitosis.serve.main:Repository read access denied

This shows me that I can't clone over ssh (as I would expect) although I can clone repositories I have access to like esgf-drslib.

Cheers,
Stephen.

---
Stephen Pascoe  +44 (0)1235 445980
Centre of Environmental Data Archival
STFC Rutherford Appleton Laboratory, Harwell Oxford, Didcot OX11 0QX, UK