[Go-essp-tech] Status of Gateway 2.0

Jennifer Adams jma at cola.iges.org
Mon Dec 5 08:42:27 MST 2011

Dear Colleagues,
I have been searching for a way to automate the CMIP5 download process -- as many have previously noted, the current gateway interface is fine for testing and poking, but for high-volume downloading it scales to impossible amounts of time and effort. I was encouraged by the Gateway 2.0 beta site at NCAR:
     http://search-esg.prototype.ucar.edu
This quickly gives me what looks like a single wget script to grab all models and ensembles for a specified experiment/realm/frequency/variable. Excellent!

Q1: Will the version 2.0 wget scripts be using certificates so they don't expire?

Q2: When is the version 2.0 gateway going to become operational?

There's no point in wasting time with the current Gateway if the new one is around the corner.
Jennifer

--
Jennifer M. Adams
IGES/COLA