[Go-essp-tech] Retiring CMIP5-Help

stephen.pascoe at stfc.ac.uk stephen.pascoe at stfc.ac.uk
Wed Aug 31 04:42:56 MDT 2011

Hi all,

After evaluating the CMIP5-Help application over August we have decided not to use it as a public forum for dealing with CMIP5 questions and focus on the Footprints system instead.  Therefore we plan to retire the application shortly.

I feel strongly that CMIP5 users needs a simple mechanism getting help and having multiple unofficial forums will cause confusion.  Therefore it is probably wise to remove CMIP5-Help completely.  On the other hand I am still very interested in exploring this technology so if ESG developers are keen we could keep it up as an internal knowledge base where only certain users can ask and answer questions.  Otherwise I'm happy to keep the codebase in the hope it will be useful in the future.

For the moment I have put the application into maintenance mode so it is effectively offline.

Cheers,
Stephen.

---
Stephen Pascoe  +44 (0)1235 445980
Centre of Environmental Data Archival
STFC Rutherford Appleton Laboratory, Harwell Oxford, Didcot OX11 0QX, UK