[Go-essp-tech] Non-DRS File structure at data nodes

stephen.pascoe at stfc.ac.uk stephen.pascoe at stfc.ac.uk
Wed Aug 31 03:55:40 MDT 2011

Hi Estani,

> Karl said he thought the replica was attached at a semantic level.

I'd be very surprised if the Gateway pays any attention to the semantics of the URL path -- i.e. I'd expect different url paths to work.  Everything I've seen so far suggests it takes all metadata from the THREDDS properties.

Re. the rest of your email.  We don't have tools for doing this right now.  I have so far kept drslib separate from the esgcet database but to add these features we should probably create hooks in drslib to access that database.  It already has a record of dataset versions, files and file checksums.

Help to implement these features would be appreciated but we should spec. out what's needed and I won't be working on it until after the BADC system upgrade next week.  I think we could tackle it effectively in the IS-ENES coding sprint Sept 21-23rd.

Cheers,
Stephen.

---
Stephen Pascoe  +44 (0)1235 445980
Centre of Environmental Data Archival
STFC Rutherford Appleton Laboratory, Harwell Oxford, Didcot OX11 0QX, UK