[Go-essp-tech] CMOR DRS name

Estanislao Gonzalez gonzalez at dkrz.de
Wed Aug 24 05:32:25 MDT 2011

Hi all,

I'm seeing a problem which apparently comes from a known CMOR bug and
would like to know how other institutions work around it.

CMOR produced files with this name:
psl_6hrPlev_MPI-ESM-LR_amip_r1i1p1_1979010100-197912311800.nc

the problem here is in the subset. As you can notice here, the date is
defined in two different resolutions:
1979010100
197912311800

The DRS syntax say nothing about it:
http://cmip-pcmdi.llnl.gov/cmip5/docs/cmip5_data_reference_syntax.pdf
Although this field is defined as:
yyyy[mm[dd[hh][mm]]][-clim]

This definition is a little awkward as it allows to have either hours,
or minutes, or both or none at all. But I assume that for some users
that can be implied from the context.

Have anyone already seen this? is there a bug already documented? And
how are tools handling it? (I know the drslib can't)

Do you see any other problems here?

Thanks,
Estani

--
Estanislao Gonzalez

Max-Planck-Institut für Meteorologie (MPI-M)
Deutsches Klimarechenzentrum (DKRZ) - German Climate Computing Centre
Room 108 - Bundesstrasse 45a, D-20146 Hamburg, Germany

Phone:   +49 (40) 46 00 94-126
E-Mail:  gonzalez at dkrz.de