[Go-essp-tech] [Curator] Summary of the QC metadata display location decision

Eric Nienhouse ejn at ucar.edu
Wed Aug 10 08:56:53 MDT 2011

Hi Sylvia, Martina,

sylvia murphy wrote:
> Hi Martina,
> I believe that is correct, but I am not a data person, so having Eric
> or Nate confirm would be best.
> Cheers,
> Sylvia
>

> On Aug 10, 2011, at 7:57 AM, Martina Stockhause wrote:
>
>> Hi Sylvia, hi Stephen, hi all,
>>
>> a short reconfirmation question for Sylvia: A dataset is for you the
>> "realm ensembe version" aggregation, which is the ESG publication unit?
Yes, the ESG CMIP5 publication unit is a "dataset version" which
represents a realm, ensemble, and version.

Note that a dataset version is also constrained by the DRS elements:
activity, institute, model, experiment, etc.  A dataset version contains
variables and files.  Any change to the number of files and/or file
checksum will result in a new dataset version via the publication process.

>> There were a lot questions on the last GO-ESSP call about the QC,
>> their results and granularities. I am not sure if I remember all of
>> them. I put up a page on our QC pages with answers to that questions:
>>
>> https://redmine.dkrz.de/collaboration/projects/cmip5-qc/wiki/Qc_esg
Thanks Martina, this is useful.  This does answer at least one of
yesterday's questions: "Is there an issue tracker for the QA work?" :-)

I took notes yesterday and hopefully captured all these questions.  I'll
post them to the CMIP5 wiki page soon (having trouble editing the wiki
page this morning.)