[Go-essp-tech] 1.3.0-RC1 release of the gateway is now available

Nathan Wilhelmi wilhelmi at ucar.edu
Thu Apr 28 20:16:51 MDT 2011

Hi All,

We're pleased to announce the 1.3.0-RC1 release of the gateway. This
milestone is a pre-release version intended for testing and review. We
do *NOT* recommend that you put this into production.

Binaries for this release have been published at:
https://vets.development.ucar.edu/nexus/content/repositories/releases/sgf/gateway/1.3.0-RC1/

Installation and upgrade guides can be found here:
https://wiki.ucar.edu/display/esgcet/Gateway+Upgrade+Instructions+%28version+1.2+to+version+1.3.0+RC1%29

*Changes in this release*

This release contains bug fixes that were identified during testing.
This version does include the whitelisting functionality for the SAML
services, however it ships disabled by default until we get client
certificates in place on the datanodes and gateways.

Details on the resolved issues can be found here:
https://vets.development.ucar.edu/jira/secure/IssueNavigator.jspa?reset=true&jqlQuery=project+%3D+GTWY+AND+fixVersion+%3D+%221.3.0-RC1%22+ORDER+BY+status+DESC%2C+priority+DESC&mode=hide

We are not planning on further feature development for this release. Our
plan is to make the RC1 release available to the community for
approximately 2 weeks. Any blocking issues identified during community
testing will be fixed for the final release. The final release of 1.3.0
appears to be on a trajectory for early May.

If we get a final workable schema registry we will try to get those
changes into the 1.3.0 release.

If you encounter any problems or would like to provide feedback of any
form (good or bad), please email the gateway development mailing list:
(esg-gateway-dev at earthsystemgrid.org)

-or-

If you have Jira Issue Tracking access, please enter a trouble ticket
against version "1.3.0-RC1" under the "Affects Version/s" drop-down.

Thank you!
-The Gateway Development Team