[Go-essp-tech] Status of the CMIP5 Archive

Lynnes, Christopher S. (GSFC-6102) christopher.s.lynnes at nasa.gov
Wed Apr 27 16:10:43 MDT 2011

I suggest that if you are thinking of getting into the RSS or Atom feed business, you may want to consider the datacasting frameworks developed at JPL/PO.DAAC (RSS for files) or National Snow and Ice Data Center (Atom for datasets and files).  Some pointers to this information, as well as examples can be found at the Earth Science Information Partners (ESIP) Discovery Cluster wiki:  http://wiki.esipfed.org/index.php/Discovery_Cluster.  The Resources section has pointers to some docs, the Contrib has pointers to some examples.

On Apr 27, 2011, at 6:00 PM, Cinquini, Luca (3880) wrote:

> Hi,
> 	I also think it's a good suggestion but I am somewhat thinking about the granularity of the information. For example, typically when we run a publishing ingestion process
> we create one dataset for each experiment, frequency, variable, model, etc.... Do we want to broadcast information at this level of detail, or at a more general level ?
> thanks, Luca
>

> On Apr 27, 2011, at 2:54 PM, Drach, Bob wrote:
>
>> Hi Brian,
>>
>> Excellent suggestion. Anyone familiar with setting up an RSS feed?
>>
>> --Bob
>>

>> On 4/27/11 12:58 PM, "Bryan Lawrence" <bryan.lawrence at stfc.ac.uk> wrote:
>>
>>> hi Bob
>>>
>>> I wonder how hard it would be to produce a data node feed (or a TDS
>>> feed) of datasets published/revised as part of the publication step?
>>>
>>> It'd then be relatively easy to parse that for a "new items" page ...
>>>
>>> Cheers
>>> Bryan

>>> --
>>> Bryan Lawrence
>>> Director of Environmental Archival and Associated Research
>>> (NCAS/British Atmospheric Data Centre and NCEO/NERC NEODC)
>>> STFC, Rutherford Appleton Laboratory
>>> Phone +44 1235 445012; Fax ... 5848;
>>> Web: home.badc.rl.ac.uk/lawrence

Dr. Christopher Lynnes     NASA/GSFC, Code 610.2    phone: 301-614-5185