[Go-essp-tech] New DRS structure

martin.juckes at stfc.ac.uk martin.juckes at stfc.ac.uk
Wed Sep 8 02:32:46 MDT 2010

Hello Estani,

I would phrase this slightly differently. The DRS consists of a set of controlled vocabularies and a set of uses. The CMOR directory structure will still be in the new DRS document as the CMOR directory structure, and what you describe below will be in there as the data node directory structure with the exception that "variable" would be replaced with "variable_id", where "variable_id" is a combination of variable name and MIP table. As you note in a subsequent email, the DRS does not say how these two should be combined, but CMOR2 combines them with an underscore so I believe we should adopt the same approach for the data note directory names.

I think Stephen may be working on a more detailed review of the decisions -- as you note, the DRS document will need revising,

Cheers,
Martin