[Go-essp-tech] [ESG-CET] CMIP5 Federation Testing Outline

Eric Nienhouse ejn at ucar.edu
Thu Nov 18 08:52:06 MST 2010

Hi Luca, All,

Thanks for this input.  What I would propose are two "documents" to
support this testing work:

1)  An outline of the tests with some detail about how to perform them,
and what constitutes and acceptable outcome.
2)  A tracking document to capture the tests themselves with comments,
dates and test related details as you note below.

I think a wiki is ideal for the outline (1) above.  I agree emailing a
document around is too cumbersome.

I think an issue tracker is ideal for (2) above.  I propose we use the
existing NCAR Jira system for this.  Once we have a good outline
organized we can then create the necessary Jira tasks to track progress
and issues.

Does this sound reasonable?

Thanks,

-Eric