[Go-essp-tech] CMIP5 Federation Testing Outline

Eric Nienhouse ejn at ucar.edu
Thu Nov 18 07:25:03 MST 2010

Dear ESG Gateway Collaborators,

We discussed the need for federation testing in our recent GO-ESSP
call.  I would like to continue our test planning discussion and
collaboratively develop a document to support this effort.

I welcome your input and insights, in particular for testing scenarios
related to security and access control of CMIP5 datasets.  I plan to
serve to coordinate our testing efforts, however, I need help from
others to develop and document them.

I have an draft outline of these key federation tests at the link below
and I would like your input:

  https://wiki.ucar.edu/display/esgcet/CMIP5+Federation+Testing+Task+Matrix

Several options exist to enable collaborative access to this document.
I'd like suggestions from others on the best approach.  Some options follow:

1)  Exchange this document by email and merge edits (we've done this in
the past)
2)  Move the document to the ESGF wiki (Stephen and Estani have
suggested this already.)
3)  Keep it on wiki.ucar.edu and provide logins to all collaborators.
4)  Move it to Google Docs.

There is momentum to use the ESGF wiki as at least one supporting
document may already be there (CMIP5 Status of Gateways and Datanodes.)

What do others think would be best?

Thanks for your input on this.

Kind regards,

-Eric