[Go-essp-tech] ok_min_mean_abs and ok_max_mean_abs

martin.juckes at stfc.ac.uk martin.juckes at stfc.ac.uk
Tue Nov 9 09:15:19 MST 2010

Hello Charles,

For some variables, e.g. meridional wind, the monthly mean values will
generally be much smaller than the daily values, and so won't give a
good indication of what values to expect.

I can think of two options - (1) do a scan of the AR4 archive at all
frequencies, (2) issue a guidance note saying this particular warning
should be ignored if there is reason to believe that the absolute values
of the monthly data are not a good guide.

Cheers,

Martin