[Go-essp-tech] BADC PyDAP Service Secured with PCMDI CMIP5 Roles

Cinquini, Luca (3880) Luca.Cinquini at jpl.nasa.gov
Tue Nov 9 04:22:57 MST 2010

Hi Phil,
I tried with PCMDI credentials, and it worked just fine...
Great work of integration!
thanks, Luca

On Nov 9, 2010, at 4:40 AM, <philip.kershaw at stfc.ac.uk<mailto:philip.kershaw at stfc.ac.uk>> wrote:

Hi all,

Some of you have asked me about using PyDAP with ESG security.   I’ve made a new test deployment of this at the BADC which for the first time secures data with the CMIP5 access role managed by PCMDI.  The data (CMIP3 for the purposes of this test), is available here:

http://pampero.badc.rl.ac.uk/dap/badc/cmip3_drs/

The directory structure can be browsed without any restrictions but to download files you need to apply at the PCMDI Gateway for ‘CMIP5 Research’ membership:

http://pcmdi3.llnl.gov

and then go to ‘Account’, login and apply for Group Membership for ‘CMIP5 Research’.

The PyDAP service is secured with the latest version of the Python ESGF security implementation.  This uses an Authorisation Service which calls out to PCMDI’s Attribute Service to query users’ entitlement to CMIP5 access roles.   It is the first end-to-end test with PyDAP of the complete federated security: single sign on with OpenID/PKI based authentication and authorisation service linking to PCMDI.

I’d be interested to hear from you especially if you have entitlement to the ‘CMIP5 Research’ role and can try out access.

Cheers,
Phil

<ATT00001..txt>