[Go-essp-tech] [metafor] status metadata from/to CIM for quality control in CMIP5

rupert rupert at manchester.ac.uk
Mon Nov 1 05:53:56 MDT 2010

Hi Martina/Bryan,

>> the list of authors of the DOI during QC L3. And for the contact I
>> asked a couple of times to make the "email" field in the parties
>> form mandatory. Unfortunately, it is not.
>>
> We should make that part of our qc-2m for the contact author. (There are
> good reasons why an emali address for all parties is not desirable, but
> obviously we need one here).

We have a questionnaire validation check which makes sure that a
simulation contact has an email address. In theory, if you press the
validate button you will get an associated error if an email is not
supplied. Note, you will not be able to submit to CMIP5 if there are any
validation errors. In practice, this check does not appear to be working
at the moment (but will be for release 1.1).

There is also another issue. A simulation contact is not mandatory in
the current version of the questionnaire. Should we add a check for this
too, or it is valid to not supply a simulation contact?

Regards

-- Rupert