[Go-essp-tech] User privacy, Attribute Exchange and the CEDA OpenID Site

philip.kershaw at stfc.ac.uk philip.kershaw at stfc.ac.uk
Thu May 20 07:38:37 MDT 2010

Hi all,

In the telco on Tuesday some of you asked about the CEDA (BADC) OpenID service in relation to our discussion about user attribute exchange and privacy.  I've added some links to the meeting notes on the wiki so that you can see how it works.  There's a movie and screenshot showing sign in to our PyDAP service:

http://proj.badc.rl.ac.uk/go-essp/wiki/CMIP5/Meetings/telco100518#CEDABADCOpenIDProvider

During OpenID sign in, a form prompts the user to confirm that they wish to return their attributes back to the requesting site.  In the example the requestor is our own CEDA site but in practice it could be any site in the federation that supports OpenID.  If you would like to use the CEDA OpenID service for testing you can register for an account:

http://badc.nerc.ac.uk/register

If you need to test with particular services at the BADC you'll need additional privileges.  Let me know if you need more information.

Cheers,
Phil