[Go-essp-tech] +2Gb CMIP5 files

Michael Lautenschlager lautenschlager at dkrz.de
Sun May 16 06:35:21 MDT 2010

Hello *,

we strongly support Phils decision for data files less than 2 GB. We
made decision in Hamburg for the same reasons because we cannot expect
that all users use 64 Bit systems. Most Windows environments are still
running with 32 Bits.

Best wishes, Michael

Dr. Michael Lautenschlager

German Climate Computing Centre (DKRZ)
World Data Center Climate (WDCC)
ADDRESS: Bundesstrasse 45a, D-20146 Hamburg, Germany
PHONE:   +4940-460094-118
E-Mail:  lautenschlager at dkrz.de

         http://www.wdc-climate.de/