[Go-essp-tech] network status and why replication matters

Michael Lautenschlager lautenschlager at dkrz.de
Tue Mar 23 08:58:42 MDT 2010

Hi all,

I support Bryan's replication arguments in all points and would like to add the political dimension. At least for the European core data archives BADC and WDCC it is essential to be visible from begin on of the CMIP5 data archive.

In order to keep technical problems solvable we should define the first order replicated subset of data as those variables which are most relevant for the IPCC process. Another boundary condition will be the available network bandwidth for replication.

Best wishes, Michael

PS. I am sorry but I wiil be not at the call today becaus I am sitting in a train back to Hamburg.

Michael Lautenschlager (DKRZ/WDCC). Mail sent by PDA.