[Go-essp-tech] Additional telco on QC and DOI

Martina Stockhause martina.stockhause at zmaw.de
Thu Mar 18 08:03:40 MDT 2010

Hi Everyone,

Dean and Michael agreed on a special additional telco on the overall QC
and DOI pocess. I set up a Doodle poll for possible times before Easter at

http://www.doodle.com/cv6wy3uhh3e6nzt7

Please notice that Europe's time changes to summer time (energy saving
time) during the weekend between the two suggested days. So, GMT and
American times change between the suggested days but local European
times not.

I suggest as agenda:
1. normal QC Workflow steps with implications for ESG publisher,
Metadata, Data
2. error case handling at different QC levels
3. access rights for different QC levels
4. misc.

1. puts  together a normal QC process. This is a summary of the past
telcos, but in the detailed view of necessary notifications /
synchronizations or metadata updates we might identify some existing
gaps. In 2. we can complicate the straight workflow of 1 by found errors
and data updates at different stages of the QC process. The 3rd item
deals more with the user view: Who has access? How do the user find data
of different QC levels?

Have I missed an important issue not fitting into these 3 items?

And I added the two documents in the wiki that Michael passed around
before last Tuesday's telco:
http://proj.badc.rl.ac.uk/go-essp/wiki/CMIP5/Meetings/telco100316

Best wishes,
Martina