[Go-essp-tech] Example of configuring a datanode to serve CMIP3-DRS

Estanislao Gonzalez estanislao.gonzalez at zmaw.de
Wed Jun 30 10:05:57 MDT 2010

Hi Stephen,

the page contains really helpful information, thanks a lot!

I'm also interested in some variables of the DEFAULT section from the
esg.ini configuration file. More specifically: thredds_dataset_roots
(and maybe thredds_aggregation_services or any other which was changed
or you think it might be important)

The main question here is: how can different local directory structures
be published to the same DRS structure?
The example scenario in our case will be:
/replicated/<DRS structure> - for replicated data
/local/<DRS structure> - for non replicated data hold on disk
/cache/<DRS structure> - for data staged from a HPSS system

The only solution I can think of is to extend the URL before the DRS
structure starts (the URL won't be 100% DRS conform anyway).
So
    http://server/thredds/fileserver/<DRS structure>
will turn into
    http://server/thredds/fileserver/replicated/<DRS structure>
    http://server/thredds/fileserver/local/<DRS structure>
    http://server/thredds/fileserver/cache/<DRS structure>

Is that viable? Are there any other options?

Thanks,
Estani