[Go-essp-tech] Out-of-bounds data and QC level 1 checks

Bentley, Philip philip.bentley at metoffice.gov.uk
Mon Jun 28 07:42:43 MDT 2010

Hi Martina,

Your saying that the Metafor metadata compliance checks also form part
of QCL1 comes as something of a surprise to me since I'd thought that
was part of QCL2! Clearly I need to read your soon-to-be-published QC
paper :-)

Regards,
Phil

Not all of the CMIP5 variables are associated with a CF standard name
(c. 10 do not). Are you saying that all atomic datasets MUST have a CF
standard name, or merely that, if one IS specified then it must be one
from the latest version of the lexicon? The latter, I presume.