[Go-essp-tech] [metafor] MOHC ESG CMOR interface issues

Sylvia Murphy Sylvia.Murphy at noaa.gov
Tue Jun 22 08:50:18 MDT 2010

Hi Mark et al,

I'll answer the Curator question.  You asked if
>> Curator only presents metadata
>> from the questionnaire + the DRS facets.  Does it use the netcdf
>> header content in any way.

This is correct.  Curator's piece of the metadata pie is to deal with the metadata coming in via the questionnaire.  This information will be displayed on the "trackback" pages.  The metadata that exists in the netCDF headers gets inserted into the THREDDS catalogs and is harvested by ESG and ends up on the data side of the house.  If you have questions about how that metadata is displayed, Eric is the person you need to talk to.  If you have further questions on the netCDF metadata, I can forward them on.

>> We haven't seen the final connection
>> from Curator to the data files so can't be sure what is happening
>> with this.]

We have demonstrated this connection a couple of times, but in case you missed those, you can see the connection between a Curator "trackback" to the data files in the live ESG portal.  We have a sample CMIP5 metadata sample and sample datasets you can explore.  Too see this do the following:

1) Go to:  http://www.earthsystemgrid.org/home.htm
2) In the Search pull down menu select Simulations
3) Type "ESM2M" in the text box and hit the Search button
4) One result is returned: "GFDL ESM2M Control-1860 r1i1"
5) Click on the returned link
6) You should now be viewing the sample GFDL CMIP5 sample trackback instance
7) Click on the outputs tab and expand the data collections accordion
8) Click on any of the links.  This will take you to the data

I would be happy to give you a  personal demonstration of any part of the system you are interested in.

Cheers,
Sylvia