[Go-essp-tech] esg publisher, thredds and netcdf attributes

Bryan Lawrence bryan.lawrence at stfc.ac.uk
Wed Jun 9 03:13:22 MDT 2010

Hi Bob

As you know, we're in the process of building a tool to parse the
thredds catalogs produced by esg-publisher.

We're sitting in a meeting looking at the Thredds XML.

At the moment there are dataset properties which reflect attributes from
the files, and some which come from esg-publisher. From the point of view
of automatically consuming these catalogs, we can't tell the difference
between these attributes.

For example, the checksum information we presume comes from esg-
publisher, and the tracking-id from internal attributes file.

Is it possible in Thredds to distinguish between these things? It's
pretty important for unpicking the origin of the information which
appears in the catalog.

Thanks
Bryan

--
Bryan Lawrence
Director of Environmental Archival and Associated Research