[Go-essp-tech] CMIP5 Version directory structure update

stephen.pascoe at stfc.ac.uk stephen.pascoe at stfc.ac.uk
Mon Jun 7 03:50:49 MDT 2010

Hi All,

Attached is a new version of the version directory structure document
that reflects our decision to publish at the realm level and therefore
manage versions of realm-datasets rather than atomic datasets.  Of
particular interest should be Section 2 which suggests how a version
management tool would transform the CMOR directory structure into a
version-controlled structure.  Also note I'm suggesting the DRS version
directory is moved to just below realm.

Comments are still welcome but I am now going to push ahead at turning
this plan into code.  I intend a tool that can be run each time more
data arrives at the datanode, before esgpublish is executed.  This could
be merged into esgpublish if we wish.  I hope to have something testable
by the end of the week.

Cheers,
Stephen.

---