[Go-essp-tech] isenes.drslib: A library for manipulating DRS syntax

stephen.pascoe at stfc.ac.uk stephen.pascoe at stfc.ac.uk
Tue Jan 26 06:56:01 MST 2010

Announcing: isenes.drslib v0.1.1

The BADC has developed a library for handling CMIP5 DRS syntax which we
are making available via the IS-ENES SA2/JRA4 wiki.  The design of the
library has been driven by 3 requirements:

1. Deduce the DRS directory structure a DRS-compliant filename.
2. Validate filenames and directory paths against the DRS.
3. Convert the CMIP3 directory structure into a DRS-compliant form.

We are currently preparing to use isenes.drslib to transform our mirror
of the CMIP3 archive into a DRS-compatible directory hierarchy so that
we can use it to test our CMIP5 datanode.  We are also planning to use
isenes.drslib during ingestion of CMIP5 data.

The library can be downloaded from
https://is-enes-wiki.dkrz.de/farm/Software/isenes.drslib where you will
also see some examples of usage.

If you would like to be involved in the development of isenes.drslib
please register at http://www.dkrz.de/redmine/projects/show/isenes  and
contact Stephan Kindermann <kindermann at dkrz.de> for access to the SVN
repository.

Finally, if other CMIP5 partners have similar code please let us know so
that we can work towards a single codebase.

Thanks,
Stephen Pascoe.

---
Stephen Pascoe  +44 (0)1235 445980