[Go-essp-tech] who owns the version difference information, and where do we collect it?

Sébastien Denvil sebastien.denvil at ipsl.jussieu.fr
Thu Jan 14 04:22:01 MST 2010

Hi all,

my feeling is that the ESG publisher will be the best "how" in this
case. The person in charge of the concerned simulation will unpublished
the dataset and thus will be the most appropriate person to justify it.
The same apply when the corrected dataset will be republish.

May be a short to long comment associated with the unpublished/republish
process will be enough, may be not.

I see three cases that could make me unpublished and republish when
possible my dataset. From soft to critical importance. I do not pretend
it's exhaustive :

A- a bug in the diagnostics codes of the model (Can affect a category of
variables)
  * can be in the diagnostic part (sign error, CfMIP package ...)
B- a bug/problem in the post-processing workflow (Can affect a broader
category of variables)
  * calendar and time axis issue, corruption of data compared to the
original, offline diagnostics errors, ...
  * a bug in the CMOR2 handling due to the the user

C- a bug in the experimental settings of the simulation (affect the
whole simulation)
  * wrong forcing files (due to many potential reasons)
  * wrong starting files (due to many potential reasons)
  * major bug in the I/O module of the model ... very bad
  * an unacceptable and lately discover biases/bug/issues in the model
(the very very bad case)

Regards.
Sébastien

--