[Go-essp-tech] export and validation from metafor questionnaire: critical path

Bryan Lawrence bryan.lawrence at stfc.ac.uk
Mon Jan 11 07:53:34 MST 2010

Hi Folks

Just trying to get my head around the critical path for the metafor information, in the context of Sylvia's email of last week ... can we discuss this at the metafor telco this week (even in my absence, since I'm unlikely to be there, and someone create a summary email for the go-essp-tech list)?

We have two sorts of metafor critical path I think:
 1) to release the questionnaire for users, and
 2) getting the information to ESG.

Note that I've fully expecting a lot of improvements to the questionnaire after 1), but the content can't change after we release it ...

This email is only going to address 2), I think we're on top of1) ...

Sylvia's timeline has the following gems in it:
  a) metafor pipeline to esg in place mid-March ...
     - need to agree on atom as the transfer method.
  b) number of attributes estimate (I've got no idea about this)  - target last week ???
  c) better sample XML file (who is doing this?)
  d) complete sample file (target 1st of February - Rupert: is this possible)?
  e) xml -> rdf (esg are doing this, but I thought Rupert had had a hand in helping)?

Note wrt c), I think there is an important plural missing: we need to provide a bunch of xml files, simulations, experiments, components, platforms ...

We also need to address validation, but realistically we can can complete validation after all the output steps above ... but it needs to be working for real by a) ...

Cheers
Bryan

--
Bryan Lawrence
Director of Environmental Archival and Associated Research