[Go-essp-tech] [Fwd: Telcos Quality Control and General Questions]

martin.juckes at stfc.ac.uk martin.juckes at stfc.ac.uk
Tue Jan 5 05:06:14 MST 2010

Hello Michael,

The discussion paper looks good, but there looks to be a tension between
the immutability of the item identified by a DOI and the need to
transition the data into the IPCC-DDC at some point. This is already
dealt with, to some extent, by the proposal that the DOI will resolve to
a web page which will contain some mutable information (e.g. location of
data). Another mutable condition which should be flagged is
obsolescence, so that data suppliers can flag up data that they do not
want to be used. I think it would be good to have a precise (and very
limited) list of mutable information which can be associated with each
DOI., E.g.

Location(s) of data.
Location(s) of metadata.
Obsolescence flag.