[Go-essp-tech] Fwd: Telcos Quality Control and General Questions

Bryan Lawrence bryan.lawrence at stfc.ac.uk
Mon Jan 4 07:08:51 MST 2010

(original bounced for reasons that have now  been fixed)

Subject: Telcos Quality Control and General Questions
Date: Monday 04 January 2010
From: Michael Lautenschlager <lautenschlager at dkrz.de>
To: go-essp-tech-bounces at ucar.edu

Dear all,

fist of all I would like to wish you all a happy new year.

After the GO-ESSP meeting in Hamburg  Balaji, Bryan and I discussed a
procedure for referencing and citation CMIP5/AR5 model data entities in
scientific literature. We picked up in the attached discussion paper a
wish from modelling centres for proper citation of their specific
contributions to IPCC AR5.

Data publication and citation is related to quality control in order to
ensure a certain level quality assurance for identified data entities.
In addition work flow aspects of data ingestion, versioning and data
opening opening are included. I think the discussion paper should be
discussed a the next telcos (quality control and general questions). Our
discussion paper emphasises more the aspect of making model data
entities available for interdisciplinary usage but the work flow of data
ingestion and replication is certainly touched.

I already got some suggestions for revisions of the paper but I would
like wait for the discussions at the telephone conferences in order to
integrate the position of the group.

Best wishes, Michael

P.S.: My calender shows a GO-ESSP Tech-telco for tomorrow (Jan. 5th, 17
CET) with the topic qulaity control. Is this still valid and what will
be the telephone number?

--
---------------
Dr. Michael Lautenschlager

German Climate Computing Centre (DKRZ)
World Data Center Climate (WDCC)
ADDRESS: Bundesstrasse 45a, D-20146 Hamburg, Germany
PHONE:   +4940-460094-118
E-Mail:  lautenschlager at dkrz.de

         http://www.wdc-climate.de/

Bryan Lawrence
Director of Environmental Archival and Associated Research
(NCAS/British Atmospheric Data Centre and NCEO/NERC NEODC)
STFC, Rutherford Appleton Laboratory
Phone +44 1235 445012; Fax ... 5848;
Web: home.badc.rl.ac.uk/lawrence