[Go-essp-tech] publishing by realm -- required DRS modifications.

martin.juckes at stfc.ac.uk martin.juckes at stfc.ac.uk
Fri Feb 26 11:22:41 MST 2010

Hi Luca,

The problem is that we don't want to replicate all the "ocean/requested" data -- because we don't have enough storage to keep 2Pb of data.
When we were expecting to publish at the atomic dataset level, the idea was that we would replicate some, but not all, of the datasets within the "ocean/requested" realm. If all the "ocean/requested" data goes into a single dataset this is not going to work. Karl's selection of what is to be replicated is based on priorities assigned to different variables: "ocean/requested" contains a mixture of high and low priority variables. So we need to create a published unit which only contains the high priority variables.

cheers,
Martin