[Go-essp-tech] Publication, versioning and notification

Luca Cinquini luca at ucar.edu
Fri Feb 26 06:47:47 MST 2010

Hi Stephen,
it's good to think of all possible scenarios...

It seems to me like in this case:
o) it would make more sense to change the propose notification system
to operate on datasets, not single files
o) in any case, when the two users compare the plots for variable V1,
the first thing they should do is exchange information about which
file versions they are using - and they would find they have different
versions. If instead they'd rather exchange information about dataset
versions, they can do that too, and they would still find they are
using different versions.

thanks, Luca

On Feb 26, 2010, at 4:50 AM, <stephen.pascoe at stfc.ac.uk> <stephen.pascoe at stfc.ac.uk