[Go-essp-tech] atom feed from the questionnaire

Bryan Lawrence bryan.lawrence at stfc.ac.uk
Tue Feb 16 10:05:01 MST 2010

Hi Luca

You can see the beta 2questionnaire at
http://ceda.ac.uk/cmip5/

The feed URLS are all on the right ... I've just tried them in google reader, and there's something  wrong,  so I wouldn't rush to exercise them ...

At the moment, we are allowing folks to submit *unvalidated* xml docs (which in practice means *unpopulated*) to appear in the feeds, so we can get incomplete content to you for testing. We should get some more content available for testing within a week or so (Sarah: who is tasked with doing that)?

(The file feed is for inputs etc, and does not work yet at all.) There will be a new beta next week, on a different URL (a more permanent one), I expect the XML output from that to be even better as we expect to iron out the remaining issues within a fortnight or so. Maybe it's worth waiting til that one, since I'm not sure what the issue is with the live version, and wont get a chance to look at it for a few days.

There will eventually be a grid feed ... but that may appear in V1.1 of the questionnaire ... and that would be expected within a two weeks of our going live with V1.0 (which is itself expected mid to late March).

Cheers
Bryan

---
Bryan Lawrence
Director of Environmental Archival and Associated Research
(NCAS/British Atmospheric Data Centre and NCEO/NERC NEODC)
STFC, Rutherford Appleton Laboratory
Phone +44 1235 445012; Fax ... 5848;
Web: home.badc.rl.ac.uk/lawrence