[Go-essp-tech] ESG-F telco tomorrow

stephen.pascoe at stfc.ac.uk stephen.pascoe at stfc.ac.uk
Mon Feb 15 06:51:37 MST 2010

A draft agenda of tomorrows ESG-F teleconference is available at
http://proj.badc.rl.ac.uk/go-essp/wiki/CMIP5/Meetings/telco100216.

I am mainly on leave this week so I'll leave it up to Dean and others to
finalise the agenda (I will be on the call though).  Several items were
agreed last week and I've made some suggestions of other things we could
address.

== Agenda ==

As set at the [wiki:CMIP5/Meetings/telco100209]

  1. Replication.  Divide replication into 3 sections and discuss the
architecture and timescales:
     - data movement.  infrastructure (network bandwidth), organisation,
fallback to shipping physical disk
     - data publishing - The user's view of replicas.  How the datanode
and gateway  support replicas
     - integrated environment - replication service, bdm, gsiftp with
authz plugin, publishing, etc.
  1. Opening the NCAR development infrastructure: Jira
  1. Test cases

Possible extra items

 1. Publishing at the level of realm.  Implications for
    - user interface
    - versioning
    - replication
 1. Cross-dataset wget scripts