[Go-essp-tech] DRS structure

Martina Stockhause martina.stockhause at zmaw.de
Tue Aug 24 00:33:35 MDT 2010

Dear all,

we really need to fix the DRS structure and the reflectance of the DRS
syntax in the TDS catalogue.

During the QC, which runs in the file system with DRS syntax, I need to
have a connection to the TDS to check the consistency of data against
metadata after the automated checks. Since I don't want to touch each
dataset again, I take the TDS metadata as reference for data content.

Up to now it was possible to take the dataset_id as DRS name out of the
TDS in the atomic dataset (TDS aggregation = QC result level) and the
netcdf file level.

Now the <variable> part of the DRS is missing in the dataset_id of the
netcdf file, so that I am about to take the urlPath instead.
Is that ok?

Why can't we use the DRS syntax as IDs in the TDS and in metafor? That
would make things much easier.

The DRS syntax is my connection from the QC checked files to the TDS and
to metafor. Therefore the DRS syntax should be fixed soon and documented
in the DRS document. So, that we can start to adapt our examples and
scripts.

Best wishes,
Martina

--