[Go-essp-tech] ESG Gateway Installation Script Now Has A Repo...

Gavin M. Bell gavin at llnl.gov
Tue Aug 10 15:51:57 MDT 2010

 Hey Gentle-people,

I posted a repo with the ESG Gateway installation script in it. (yeah,
just that file).
So, now you guys can look at what the latest script looks like and can
tweak it accordingly.

Here are some basic rules of the road...
Most of this goes without saying, but let's make them plain.

- Please don't make changes to the script that are custom for your
environment.
    Things like subverting the fetching of scripts and/or configuration
files from the server in order to get your own local versions of them.
Or circumventing the self_verify. etc.

- Please maintain the basic conventions of the script... var names (ex:
${foo_bar}) things like that.

- And of course as always the *golden rule* always applies - "Do unto
others as you would have done unto you."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Golden_Rule

Those who are explicitly listed in this email header have commit powers
to the repo.  Be nice :-).  And make sure you test your changes before
you commit them.

Eric,
I think one of the first things you should do is to point the script to
the distribution resources that you host there at NCAR.  Specifically,
the war file and the gateway.properties template file.  These are the
two most serious bits that were the impetus for this hand-over.  As
releases come out be sure the script is pointing to the proper
resources.  Besides, that... the script is pretty complete, if I do say
so myself :-).

Everyone,
Thanks for helping to get the script to where it is.  You guys are
really smart and dedicated.  Thanks again for bashing around with me!

These are my parting words... I will remain present for consultation but
Eric Neinhouse  will manage this installer.  As I mentioned before this
script is open source.

For committers, the folks explicitly addressed in this email the repo
can be fetched with:

%> git clone git at esg-repo.llnl.gov:esg-gway-installer.git

For anyone that wants to look at the repo (no commit).

%> git clone git://esg-repo.llnl.gov/esg-gway-installer.git

Enjoy the Bash tom-foolery :-)

Thanks Eric.

--
Gavin M. Bell
Lawrence Livermore National Labs

 "Never mistake a clear view for a short distance."
       	       -Paul Saffo

(GPG Key - http://rainbow.llnl.gov/dist/keys/gavin.asc)

 A796 CE39 9C31 68A4 52A7  1F6B 66B7 B250 21D5 6D3E