[Go-essp-tech] quality control

Martina Stockhause martina.stockhause at zmaw.de
Mon Aug 9 08:36:57 MDT 2010

Hi, Bryan,

two remarks/questions:

"Metadata QC-L2" is the technical control of metadata inside the
questionnaire? We used to refer to that as QC-L1 of the metadata.

The "subjective data and metadata controls" are missing in the diagram.
That would take place after the automated data checks. QC-L2 is assigned
after that, so the decision to discard data or to move on to the QC-L3
checks has to be made after that, too. The main issue of the subjective
controls is to check for conflicts between questionnaire metadata and
TDS metadata. That should be part of the "data QC-L2 passed?" procedure
in the diagram.

Cheers,
Martina

Bryan Lawrence wrote:
> Hi Folks
>
> (Second to last email, demob happy now)
>
> We also discussed quality control.
>
> The attached diagram has been agreed by Karl, Michael and myself, but
> needs final approval from WGCM. Eric has confirmed the gateway will allow
> the manual control of access by modelling groups where necessary.
>
> BADC will build a tool to allow the qc level 2 and 3  information to be
> manually entered ... in September. It will have an atom feed. We'll have
> to work out how in the various gateways, to ensure that the QC
> information can be ingested from that feed.
>
> Cheers
> Bryan

----------- DKRZ / Data Management -----------

Martina Stockhause