[Go-essp-tech] Call for CA and OpenID Trust root Certificates

philip.kershaw at stfc.ac.uk philip.kershaw at stfc.ac.uk
Wed Aug 4 04:33:54 MDT 2010

Hi all,

> For anyone that has already submitted theirs (i.e. Luca, Phil), if
> there are helpful commands that you can share with others, please do so
> in follow-up to this.

I passed this script on to Gavin already but sharing more widely, I have a script to export all the certificates from a Java keystore to separate PEM files as needed by Neill.  The script and an example config file are in:

http://proj.badc.rl.ac.uk/ndg/browser/TI12-security/trunk/esg_keytool_utils

> A helpful page that shows commands for working with your java key/trust
> store is here:
>
> http://www.sslshopper.com/article-most-common-java-keytool-keystore-
> commands.html

A problem with Keytool is that it doesn't let you add an existing private key to a keystore.   This page has details of a simple Java program to enable you to do it: http://www.agentbob.info/agentbob/79-AB.html

Cheers,
Phil