[Go-essp-tech] Proposed version directory structure document

stephen.pascoe at stfc.ac.uk stephen.pascoe at stfc.ac.uk
Thu Apr 15 04:24:13 MDT 2010

Hi everyone,

Attached is my view on how we should structure the archive to support
multiple versions.  It divides into 2 main sections, the first is a
fairly lengthy summary of why this problem isn't solved yet in terms of
the differences between the ESG datanode software and the DRS document.
The second section lays out the proposed structure and how we would
manage symbolic links and moving from one version to another.  I
restrict myself to directories below the atomic dataset level.

Lots of issues are left to resolve, in particular how we ESG publisher
can make use of this structure.  I'll try and draw attention to these
points in the agenda for Tuesday's telco which will follow later today.

Cheers,
Stephen.

---
Stephen Pascoe  +44 (0)1235 445980