[Go-essp-tech] Are atomic datasets mutable?

Sébastien Denvil sebastien.denvil at ipsl.jussieu.fr
Thu Nov 19 05:10:45 MST 2009

stephen.pascoe at stfc.ac.uk a écrit :
> Hi all,
>
> The UKMO has flagged up a use case where an atomic dataset might change
> over time without being a new version.  The example is the 1000 year
> piControl run where UKMO is likely to deliver it in several time chunks
> and would want it to be published before the full run is complete.

So this could be the case for all group and all long simulations, and if
we push the idea this could apply to all simulations :
- esmControl
- esmFixClim2
- past1000

So one should have a clear decision on that leading to a simple rule.
All simulations can be published before the full official length run is
complete or not (piControl minimum official length is 500).

I would vote for *not* in this case. So you can publish once you reach
the minimum duration, and then you can republish later with longer
simulation if you want to, but in a sense it will be a new version (just
longer version).

Sébastien